Sunday, December 03, 2006

Christmas Shopping.

I believe, the best time to shop, has always been during the period of Christmas.

Just look at the computer exhibition in Expo. One cheap bargain too many, and I was forced to part with cash to get a new external hard drive (80gb for 113), and Hitman: Contracts ($15).

Well, the expo itself is a joke. Prices go down every hour, but never go up. However, the discount is usually in terms of a dollar or two. The stalls at the back will ride the wave set by those up front. So, if some front shop sells a product for $99, some shop at the back will sell it at $97.

So, who profits in the end?

Me.

However, Expo wasn't the only place crowded with people. Orchard Road was also insanely crowded, and Takashimaya, was no exception.

With a gift wrapping counter at each level, and my impending visit to my cousins back in Hong Kong, I had to part with some cash so that their Christmas will be a rather joyful one.

One thing I noticed was the selection of toys. Promoters are promoting toys which actually fly around, such as helicopters. Even then, they do come rather cheaply, at $39 after discount. Toys are no longer mere guns and figurines. Now, what kids get are things that move around, harassing people/animals.

I was extremely tempted to buy the helicopter, until I found some spy kit thingy which snaps forward into a binoculars. However, the thing which truly caught my eye was the motion sensor.

Burglar alarm at night for $50? Well, you have to take care of the intruder yourself, but still, it could come in handy for Aussie. LoL.

Season to be jolly?

More like, a season to spend money. Whehehe.

However, nothing for me though. I was sorely disappointed in seeing the figurines looking terrible, and not being on discount. =( Even a Megami magazine in Kino costs $22, although it comes with a nice poster.

But, bah.

---

Song changed to COME TO by Takanori Arima and Hideyuki Fukasawa, from the Mobile Suit Gundam Target in Sight Original Soundtrack. As with any Gundam OSTs, even if it's a game, this is a fantastic soundtrack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home